Predatory Lending Attorney - Orlando and Central Florida
Orlando Predatory Lending Lawyer - providing affordable legal services concerning Garnishment and Consumer Rights legal services, for residents of Orlando, Kissimmee, and throughout Central Florida.
Call The Debt Relief Law Center at Toll Free 1.888.877.5103 to Schedule a Confidential and FREE Legal Consultation with Attorney, N. James Turner
Over the last several years, our nation has made enormous progress in expanding access to capital for previously under served borrowers. Despite this progress, however, too many families are suffering today because of a growing incidence of abusive practices in a segment of the mortgage lending market.
Predatory mortgage lending practices strip borrowers of home equity and threaten families with foreclosure, destabilizing the very communities that are beginning to enjoy the fruits of our nation’s economic success.
When it is discovered that you were the victim of predatory lending practices, this may be a valid defense in a foreclosure. If you are being threatened with a foreclosure, or have been served a foreclosure notice, find out what your legal rights and options may be by seeking the advice and representation of experienced legal counsel.
In communities across America, people are losing their homes and their investments because of predatory lenders, appraisers, mortgage brokers and home improvement contractors who:
- Sell properties for much more than they are worth using false appraisals.
- Encourage borrowers to lie about their income, expenses, or cash available for down payments in order to get a loan.
- Knowingly lend more money than a borrower can afford to repay.
- Charge high interest rates to borrowers based on their race or national origin and not on their credit history.
- Charge fees for unnecessary or nonexistent products and services.
- Pressure borrowers to accept higher-risk loans such as balloon loans, interest only payments, and steep pre-payment penalties.
- Target vulnerable borrowers to cash-out refinances offers when they know borrowers are in need of cash due to medical, unemployment or debt problems.
- "Strip" homeowners' equity from their homes by convincing them to refinance again and again when there is no benefit to the borrower.
- Use high pressure sales tactics to sell home improvements and then finance them at high interest rates.
Tactics that predator lenders may use also include:
- A lender or investor tells you that they are your only chance of getting a loan or owning a home. You should be able to take your time to shop around and compare prices and houses.
- The house you are buying costs a lot more than other homes in the neighborhood, but isn't any bigger or better.
- You are asked to sign a sales contract or loan documents that are blank or that contain information which is not true.
- You are told that the Federal Housing Administration insurance protects you against property defects or loan fraud - it does not.
- The cost or loan terms at closing are not what you agreed to.
- You are told that refinancing can solve your credit or money problems.
- You are told that you can only get a good deal on a home improvement if you finance it with a particular lender.
Contact Lawyer, N. James Turner at The Debt Relief Law Center by Calling Toll Free 1.888.877.5103 to Schedule a Confidential and FREE Legal Consultation.
Orlando Attorney N. James Turner proudly serves the legal needs of residents of Orlando, Kissimmee, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County, and throughout Central Florida.