Debt Collector Harassment Attorney – Orlando and Central Florida
Common Violations of the FDCPA
- Use threats of violence or harm;
- Publishing a list of names of people who refuse to pay their debts (but they can give this information to the credit reporting companies);
- Use obscene or profane language; or
- Repeatedly use the phone, text or email to annoy you or someone else.
- Falsely claim that they are attorneys or government representatives;
- Falsely claim that you have committed a crime;
- Falsely represent that they operate or work for a credit reporting company;
- Misrepresent the amount you owe;
- Indicate that papers they send you are legal forms if they aren’t; or
- Indicate that papers they send to you aren’t legal forms if they are.
Debt Collectors Also Are Prohibited from Saying that:
- You will be arrested if you don’t pay your debt;
- They will seize, garnish, attach, or sell your property or wages unless they are permitted by law to take the action and intend to do so;
- or that legal action will be taken against you, if doing so would be illegal or if they don’t intend to take the action.
Debt Collectors May Not:
- Give false credit information about you to anyone, including a credit reporting company;
- Send you anything that looks like an official document from a court or government agency if it isn’t; or
- Use a false company name.
Unfair and Deceptive Practices:
- Try to collect any interest, fee, or other charge on top of the amount you owe unless the contract that created your debt – or your state law – allows the charge;
- Deposit a post-dated check early;
- Take or threaten to take your property unless it can be done legally; or
- Contact you by postcard.
Contact Debt Collector Harassment Lawyer Jim Turner at 888.877.5103
DEBT COLLECTION DEFENSE
If you are dealing with a situation in which you, as a consumer, are not being dealt with properly in a consumer related transaction or circumstance, find out what your legal rights are. Seek the advice and representation of experienced legal counsel.
Credit Card Lawsuit Defense
Every day those with credit card debt are harassed by a number of collection agencies that commonly use unethical and sometimes illegal means to attempt to collect debt.
Higher education is an investment in one’s future; and it can be expensive. If you are being harassed by student loan creditors or debt collection agencies, find out what your legal rights and options are. Make sure your are informed and your rights are protected.
Being harassed by creditors or debt collectors is illegal. There are both State and Federal Debt Collection Laws that exist to protect the consumer from harassment and other illegal activities by collection agencies, their subsidiaries, and third parties..
We will investigate your garnishment and make sure that the error is corrected. We will dispute the item, insisting that the information furnisher produces evidence substantiating the error or removes the item.
Wrongful Repossession. is a mechanism of the Federal Government to allow debtors (people who owe money) to restart their lives when they have gotten into a financial dilemma where there is no reasonable way to repay the debts they owe.
Orlando Consumer Rights Lawyer – watch these informative videos about consumer rights in the financial services industry.
We answer some of the most common Debt Collector Harassment Question that we hear on a daily basis.
Si usted es una de las millones de personas acosadas por un cobrador de deudas desaprensivo, la ley está de su parte. El Acta de Prácticas Justas Para el Cobro de Deudas, regula las prácticas de los cobradores de deudas y les impone sanciones que rompen las reglas.